FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Cycle Confident in Barnet provide free cycle training for adults and families. They also provide free Bikeability training at schools.
- Breeze Barnet is for women in Barnet who’d like to get on their bikes.
- Off road routes for beginners can be found on the Routes in Barnet page.
- Dr Bike: Have your bicycle checked and minor repairs fixed for free at Dr Bike on the first Thursday of each month. Have it security marked and get advice from police there.
- John’s Cycles at the bottom of Barnet Hill gives 10% discount for members of Barnet Cyclists. They also offer bike maintenance courses and bike hire.
- LCC members get 10% discount at Evans Cycles in Hendon. Other bike shops are available.
Leaflets on air pollution?
- Idling, pollution and School Streets: Is it illegal to run your engine whilst parked? Is air pollution affecting childrens’ health? How to get cars banned near your school at opening and closing times? Mums for Lungs have produced some useful leaflets and flyers.
LCC membership benefits?
LCC membership means you’re helping to build a better London. But it also means peace of mind; the latest cycling news; great discounts; and the chance to get involved and #ridetogether. You can join online here.